AM radio reaching the end of the road
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
There are some wide open spaces in the country where AM is the only radio available other than satellite. The EV government inspired mania will die because of availablity of electricity and the myraid of problems associated with them.
Nothing driven top down by the government has ever been accepted by the general public. Demand for a massive change such as converting to EV has to come from the bottom.
The government just approved FM channels for CB and SSB radios. Tied to this phase out of AM car radios? Screwing 4,000 AM radio stations and their driving audiences to support EV manufacturers and EV buyers. It’s bad enough that the Feds are giving EV buyers tax credits so we all help buy some stranger an EV. We are also subsidizing installation of charging stations alongside roads and highways. There is no standardized battery and charger design. Battery and charger technologies are evolving and improving so quickly, that ethical EV dealers advise customers to lease so they are not stuck with a dinosaur.