Coliseum Authority Taking Final Steps on the Bond Referendum
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Put ice in the arena!! There are a group of investors that are willing to get another hockey team here. With all the cyber security people here it could be a boon to the area!! Call your commissioner and tell them we want ice!!!
If the ice hockey team investors want ice in the new arena, they should invest in the arena bond issues. Why should taxpayers assume all the risk, considering how local hockey teams have fared here in Augusta?
Just what we need; another white elephant. A hugely expensive public arena which will suck money out of the area like a steroid charged Hoover! If people had any idea how much money these venues actually suck out of a community, they would never build them.
Just what Augusta’s voters deserve, a facality to entertain residents from other counties at the expense of the Richmond County citizens. When you vote stupid, you get screwed with higher taxes.