Columbia County Sheriff’s Office, fire department asking for new radios
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
As a given, I learned to trust the Sheriff’s arguments and requests. He has the spirit of give and take for the success of the first and legitimate function of government. Public Safety. One year we were going through budget requests. I saw a line item for brooms. Who does that? Someone devoted to transparency. Before requesting a dollar, this Sheriff shows where each of them will be spent.
If Clay Whittle says he needs new radios, so it is written, give him the radios.
My Columbia County taxes are well spent supporting this sherif’s dept with what ever they need to get the job done.
Would make sense to me, for ALL LE departments in the area have the same radios Sheriff Whittle is requesting, for the very valid reasons. At a minimum, the LE agencies in Columbia, Richmond, and McDuffie should “chat”. Better radis, better cooperations between agencies. When Columbia County converted over to digital, I thought the radios were originally leased from Motorola.