Editorial: It is time to end the runoff election process in Georgia
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Or get rid of third candidates in general elections who are only running to raise money with no chance of winning.
We ought to do away with the runoffs because of the cost and aggravation associated with them.
We ought to also disallow money from outside the state attempting to influence our elections. We don’t need Hollywood money or New York money interfering with our state elections!