Editorial: It is time to strengthen campaign finance law
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Please ask the four District 129 candidates for their position on this topic. The campaign reform should also prohibit candidates from running, winning, and holding office if they are delinquent on property and state income taxes. Any legal action on Lori Myles’ fake campaign donation?
Really good letter. I could not agree more.
You can straighten government from the federal level to the state level easily…no PAC money, no lobbyists and mandatory lifetime term limits..the government was designed for people to serve and go back home not make a career out of it..Joe Biden & Bernie Sanders are two of the biggest examples..it’s not party exclusive either..it’s also time for a 3rd party to be allowed to participate in debates and give “we the people” that are disillusioned with both parties an option for less government…