Eisenhower family could attend renaming ceremony for Fort Eisenhower
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
This is going to cost $39 million dollars. That’s a very expensive symbolic gesture.
My favorite President. If they were going to rename it, that could not have made a better choice. Augusta was one of his favorite places to relax.
I heard there would be a surprise ceremonial flyover of a Russian jets christening the new base with a fuel dump, as well as a celebratory balloon contingent from the Chinese communists who have promised to supply some lovely high definition photographs of the event, suitable for framing .
Gen. Eisenhower was a 5 star general, General of the Army. Only five men have held that rank. I believe the circular 5 starr insignia would make an appropriate logo for the fort, in honor of the general and two term president.
Wow, how many scholarships could $39 million provide?
$39 million in reparations.