Final SPLOST 8 Package Ready For Voters
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Should be called SLUSH Fund just more money for the commissioners to waste. We do not need a water park. WE had a state of the arts Marina but with no money to fix and repair it , it is now in terrible shape They need to take care of what we have instead of always building new stuff
At this point, I believe that someone is going to have to convince me that voting for this package is a good idea. For starters, far too much being spent on parks and not nearly enough on blight remediation.
If the commissioners want voters to vote in this proposal then they should require a fair vote, i.e. picture ID, No mail in ballots (other than legitimate absentee ballots), and proper poll watchers. Do they really want a fait vote?
Never again, we have been lied to every time in the past.