Kemp education bills clear Georgia House
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
When I took American History in high school, slavery and the taking of Native Americans lands was not glorified, justified, or excused. So children of US citizens born or naturalized well after those injustices should be made to feel guilty for the prior actions of long-dead people? That’s like saying I should feel guilt for Mussolini’s Italian invasion of Ethiopia in 1935. Sorry, wasn’t alive then, didn’t vote for it, and don’t think it was justified.
I am ashamed that Obama (Crimea) and Biden set the Ukraine up for the Russian invasion and then imposed sanctions with dubious effects, while still importing Russian oil. After China overruns Taiwan, we’ll keep importing and buying their products to finance their global hegenomy.
Grammar correction: “…slavery and the taking of Native Americans lands were not…”
“cumbersome open-records requests.”
Put all the material online at the start of the quarter. No records requests needed. No burdensome paperwork. No problems.