Mayor Davis’ 2020 Mask Mandate Went Unenforced
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Mayor Davis: “One would hope that individuals wouldn’t need a citation to protect themselves and their families.” You wouldn’t think people would need to be paid to protect themselves either, but apparently a majority of our brainiac commissioners think so. Mighty free-wheeling with money that isn’t theirs.
To pay people to get a free shot to protect themselves is as insane as several other ridiculous attempts to use federal Covid money!! What part of tax payers money does anyone call free! It’s is always money collected by the government from taxpayers. Nothing free about it!
The problem with Davis’ mask mandate was by state law you cannot pass any ordinance or law that supersedes state law. Kemp had already said there would be no mask ordinance in Georgia. All Davis’ was doing was saber rattling..in between running up credit card debt..worst mayor Augusta has ever had..and that’s saying a lot..