Oglethorpe Power freezes its costs to complete Plant Vogtle
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
I am surprised there is not more outrage at the cost of this project. Was it gross incompetence, theft, or the foibles of government guidance that got us to this point? My guess is that it was all this and more. I believe nuclear power should be our future but it will never work like this.
Well, it all started when CBS (the broadcasting corporation) bought Westinghouse and people who cared more about Nielsen ratings than nuclear steam supply systems and electric generation took over and flew Westinghouse into the ground.