Prison term imposed in health care fraud scheme
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
To bad politicians aren’t investigated for using their office for stock gains..nobody can earn 150k a year and be worth 40 million in 10 years…
87 months for Medicare fraud? That’s 87 more months than you get in Richmond County for home invasion, aggravated assault, attempted murder, and possession of a firearm during commission of a crime. Sammie Sias may get life if his sentence is commensurate with this lady’s sentence. Those Feds are tough on white collar criminals.
AND, this is “Big Girl” jail, which means no parole for good behavior. Based upon her crime, and the home invasion one discussed, I think her sentence is a little excessive. She needs to get back to some kind of work, to pay the restitution. Of course the telling here is that, she doesn’t live in RICHMOND County.