HomeNewsEducationSAT Scores Improve in Georgia and Locally

SAT Scores Improve in Georgia and Locally

Author

Date

COVID-19 may have disrupted how Georgia students learned in the 2020-2021 school year, but it didn’t hurt SAT scores. Thirty-eight percent of the class of 2021 took the tests — a lower percentage than normal — but the scores beat the national average.

Georgia students recorded a mean score of 10...

Subscription Needed

You will need a subscription to The Augusta Press to view this content. Log in below OR subscribe.

Comment Policy

The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted. 

The types of comments not allowed on our site include: 

  • Threats of harm or violence 
  • Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material 
  • Racist comments  
  • Victim shaming and/or blaming 
  • Name calling and/or personal attacks; 
  • Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services; 
  • Comments that infringe on copyrights; 
  • Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile. 

4 COMMENTS

  1. Like every other educational business in the U.S. today, they most likely made the SAT test(s) easier to ensure sufficient numbers of graduating high school seniors are funneled into the diploma mills of higher education. Colleges and universities need under-qualified people, who pile up student loan debt for worthless degrees, to pay their tenured professors and sports team coaches.

  2. I understand the need for local education officials to “toot their horn” whenever they can. However, these results need to be seen for what they actually are. The SAT is only taken by kids who intend to continue their education beyond high school. We can therefore reasonably interpret this result as showing that local kids who want an education (38%) are marginally about average. The rest (62%) are so far down the achievement list that they are hard to spot. Standardized testing has been and can continue to be an important way to evaluate the educational process, however so many educrats now game the system that it has become increasingly difficult to interpret the results. The abject failure of our Boards of Education to break with a grossly outdated educational paradigm continues to condemn thousands of children to a life of poverty and misery.

Recent posts