Sias trial delayed at request of federal prosecutors
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
And yet he still gets his commission pay…
Sammie must have changed the tune he was singing. There might be other folks getting nervous about which song he is singing.
As with most citizens today, I immediately smell something when a trial for a public figure is “delayed”. I see no mention of the requested length of the “delay”. Would love to see the Augusta Press seek some details on this issue. Meanwhile, Mr. Sias draws his pay and continues to have influence and a vote on the council.
Taxpayers need to know who authorized someone that is not working while under indictment to keep getting paycheck and is this common practice or legal in Richmond County?