Something You May Not Have Known: The Augusta monument the public can’t visit
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Patrick Walsh, Irishman, was a truly outstanding citizen￼ in so many respects. Public access to the park must be reinstated! ☘️
Thank you Doug Herman ( local historian , civic leader , 2022 Grand Marshal of Augusta’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade ) for providing the background information for this article . Doug writes profusely for the Facebook groups —- History of Augusta , Augusta Irish Scrapbook, Augusta Profiles of Courage , Spokes ( All In It Together ) , and Friends of Barrett Plaza .
Thousands of readers have benefited – and learned about Augusta-Richmond County , Georgia as a result of his research and writing .
AND , occasionally we see a Doug Herman comment / opinion in THE AUGUSTA PRESS .