Something you may not have known: The Augusta National gate crasher
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
When he got out of prison he cleaned up his life, stopped drinking and became a born again Christian. But anytime a president came to Augusta the secret service always paid Charlie a visit..
…And THAT is something you may not have known.
I can promise you many sitting presidents have played ANGC during their time in office. Though they may not be in the most visible traveling units to get to and from, they most certainly have visited.
Before this event occured, i would occasionally see Mr. Harris at his place of employment, Columbia Nitrogen Corp.; at the time of his hearing, I understand there were a very large number of people who spoke on his behalf – that a really good guy had a really bad day …but what I remember most about him was the last time I saw him: he and his beautiful family filled a pew at Dunn’s Chapel sometime after his prison release. They were faithful members there.