Something(s) you may not have known: Southernisms
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
fun fun fun writing…thanks Scott …. “gimme a hug honey chile”
Scott, that story was “as fine as frog hair split three ways”. Happy Thanksgiving
Scott… it is actually CARTERS LITTLE “LIVER” PILLS
Yeah, I struggled with that one, but ended up going with Eunice’s version from Mama’s Family!!! Glad you caught it!!!
I have a yankee friend that used to tease me about saying fixin’ to…I would say I’m fixin’ to go to the store..my yankee friend would ask me if the store was broken and why I had to go fix it..also told me that toilet doesn’t have 3 syllables and door only has one..