‘The need for speed’: Thunderbirds flying in first air show in Augusta in 23 years
You may also like
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
This the first time the Air Force Thunderbirds have performed in Augusta. The Navy Blue Angels appeared here 20 years ago.
Pretty sure you are indeed correct on that.
I don’t think having either of them perform in recent years with Boshears would have been possible due to the FAA waiver for the skybox.
I was just impressed they got it off the ground at Augusta Regional. It remains to be seen if traffic will be as much of a nightmare as everyone claims it will be.
I am impressed it is happening as well. The price however is steep for a private airshow. I wish them success with it and I hope it becomes a bi-annual event like all other airshows tend to be.
You were correct on this! Thank you for catching that. First air show in Augusta in 23 years. But the first ever Augusta air show for the Thunderbirds.
Their Facebook comment implies otherwise:
I can’t blame you though, as I’m not sure such facts are well tracked.