Zillow: Real Estate’s 1,000 Pound Gorilla
The Augusta Press encourages and welcomes reader comments; however, we request this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove and/or not allow your comments to be posted.
The types of comments not allowed on our site include:
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Racist comments
- Victim shaming and/or blaming
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
When the National Assc. of Realtors announced they were establishing Realtor.com to “assist” local agent and their companies to market to a younger generation, I said that was stupid because there were way too many people smarter then they were that could beat them in a digital marketplace. Yes I retired in 2012, but I was right, Zillow will beat them all up and corner the digital Real Estate Market, and force agents in evey market to join them or lose business, making them King Kong the 4,000 lb. Gorilla.
you can’t comment on the house of the week, but with the current policy of leaving up the same home for a month, maybe it is time to change it to the house of the “month”
Thanks Jim. Our real estate search engine and home of the week feature was supposed to go live last week but hit a snag. it should be changed today or tomorrow.
I see the House of the year is still up, sorry you are having technical difficulties, I enjoy seeing different homes.